Redmi Note 9 Pro and Mi 10 5G models in India are getting Android 11 update from the smartphone company Xiaomi.
Soon the company is going to update the latest Android operating system to the rest of the Xiaomi phones as well.
A new list has been released by the company, which tells which phones will be given the Android 11 update.
The list also includes some old phones launched in the year 2019.
Will get updates by next year
- Xiaomi may have released a list of smartphones that will get a new update but it may take a long time.
- GizmoChina A report of the company said that many popular Xiaomi phones will get the update of Android 11 based MIUI 12 and may have to wait till June, 2021.
- The company has not shared any release date or timeline to update the new version of Android.
These smartphones will get Android 11
- The smartphones that Xiaomi has promised to provide the latest update include many phones with flagship features apart from the Redmi Note series.
- Redmi Note 8, Redmi Note 8 Pro, Redmi K20 Pro, Mi 9T Pro, Mi CC9, Mi 9 Lite, Mi CC9 MiToo Edition, Mi 9 SE, Mi 9 and Mi 9 Pro will get Android 11 update.
- In India, users will get the update on the Redmi K20 Pro and Redmi Note 8 series devices first.
MIUI 12 update given in the past
- A few months ago, Xiaomi has given MIUI 12 update to most of its devices in India. The new MIUI 12 update is based on the Android 10 operating system.
- The update of Xiaomi’s custom skin was first given to the Redmi K20 Pro in India, so it is also expected to get Android 11 update.
- MIUI 12 update has already given many major upgrades and new features to the users.
- Name of these phones removed from the list
- Four phones included in the list of phones that were to receive MIUI 12 update in India by Xiaomi have been removed. Redmi 7, Redmi Y3, Redmi 6A and Redmi 6 will not get updates due to performance issues.